My All Time Favorites

Lens: Leica Summilux 35 1.4 ASPH FLE



Camera: Leica M9P
It's an easy pick for 3 simple reasons:
1, Design/aesthetics.
2, User interface.
3, Lens selections.


Watch: Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300
Although my watches are mostly IWC, but this one got everything right.


Knife: Benchmade McHenry & William 710-101
It's a coin toss between this and Chris Reeves Large Sebenza 21. I picked this at the end probably because it's a limited edition and the edition number is evil #66!


Lighter: not sure about the model, I guess it's a "Gatsby" by S.T. Dupont


Watercolor brush: Windsor & Newton Series 7



Watercolor: Schmincke
Very saturated and convenient to carry around.



Watercolor paper: Arches 300lbs cold press
I have been using this paper since late 80's, and it's still the best.


Mechanical pencil: Lamy 2000


Fountain pen: Omas Paragon
It's a very biased pick since Sailor's nibs are much smoother, Nakaya's barrels are much nicer, but I just love the design/aesthetic of Paragon. Its nib was misaligned and definately not the smoothest (but decent enough for doodles).


Fountain pen ink: Diamine "Ancient Copper"
I used to fill my pens with Noodler's ink exclusively, til one day I read Richard Binder wrote"...there are several problems that can be traced to the use of Private Reserve or Noodler’s inks. Among these problems are flow issues and clogging, mold, staining, and actual destruction of pens." Then I started to try other inks and found this gem.


Writing pad/notebook: Rhodia grid pad
I wish Moleskine's paper is more fountain pen friendly...



Film camera: Leica M7
Nikon F2 could be my favorite film camera if I have a good collection of manual focus Nikkor lenses.


Film: Kodak Tri-X



Coffee: La Colombe "Nizza"



Sneakers: New Balance 990



Comments

Popular Posts