35mm Lens Death Match Part 2 - Off Center Performance

The crop area is not even considered corner in full frame, I guess I'll call it off center then. This test might be flawed as I am not 100% sure if I placed the watch at the perfect point of focus... My method was to nail the focus on the needle first, then pointed the camera at the watch and adjusted the position of the watch to be in focus on magnified view. Once the image of the watch looked sharp, I pointed the camera back to the needle and $10 bill. That was done with Fuji XF35/1.4 mounted, I think the results might be different if I set up corner test with other lenses mounted... There must be a better way to do it. Any suggestions will be much appreciated, as I haven't done 50mm's death match yet, and I will try to do a better job next time. Again, please see link for full size jpg.

Full frame coverage (D600)

APS-C coverage (X Pro-1)

Comments

Popular Posts