Lens shopping for D600

I only used adapted legacy lenses on my Canon 5D classic. So it's not too painful for me changing system to Nikon. In addition to my newly acquired Sigma 50mm/f1.4 DG HSM, I just need to add a couple more lenses to my complete my setup.

35mm, it's my "go to" focal length when I have no idea what to expect. After some researching, I have narrowed down to 2 options. First candidate is Nikkor 35mm/f2 AF-D for autofocus, IQ and compact size. Second is converting my 35mm Leica Summicron-R to Nikon mount.

Normal focal length macro, not going autofocus here. I am thinking about 55mm Micro-Nikkor Ai-S or converting my 60mm Macro Elmarit ROM.

Update (12/27/2012): I ordered 2 bayonets for my 35 Summicron-R and 60 Micro-Elmarit from Leitax(as well as a friendly warning from David saying Macro-Elmarit 60mm is a difficult one to do). I also picked up a 35mm Nikkor AF-D from B&H. That's pretty much all I need. I hope I will focus on utilizing my gears rather than buying more gears next year, this will be my new year resolution for 2013 as the world didn't end a few days ago.

Update (3/29/2013): Just received Nikkor 85mm 1.8G from Amazon. Now I have 5 lenses for D600. Seriously, I am done shopping!


Comments

Popular Posts