My Leica M lenses headcount (January 2011)

I found this photo of my M lenses while I was sorting my Lightroom images earlier this morning. Then I realized that I only kept 2 out of these 10 lenses in the photo, even though my M lenses collection has grown to 12 now. Here're my brief reasons why I retired or kept each one:
1st row 1st lens, Elmarit-M 90mm/f2.8: Not using this focal length often enough
1st row 2nd lens, Noctilux 50mm/f1.0 v3: Found a Noctilux v4 in better condition and like its built-in hood
1st row 3rd lens, Summicron 90mm/f2.0 Pre-ASPH: Not using this focal length often enough
2nd row 1st lens, Summilux 35mm/f1.4 ASPH (Pre-FLE): still keeping it for its beautiful rendition
2nd row 2nd lens, Summilux 50mm/f1.4 Pre-ASPH black paint: still keeping it for its beautiful rendition
2nd row 3rd lens, Summicron 50mm/f2.0 SE: Not crazy about silver lens anymore
2nd row 4th lens, Elmarit 24mm/f2.8 ASPH: Swapped it for a sharper, lighter and smaller Elmar
3rd row 1st lens, Elmar-M 50mm/f2.8: Problematic ergonomic
3rd row 2nd lens, Summicron 50mm/f2.0 v5: Slower and redundant to a Summilux ASPH
3rd row 3rd lens, Summarit 50mm/f1.5: Nice bokeh but it's just too soft wide open, plus it's in silver 
That's all. I will share my current M Lenses collection (i.e. the keepers) pretty soon, stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts